The Listening Line Program is for those with behavioral health issues. The program is designed to be for those who are lonely and need an ear to listen in evenings. This is not a crisis line.
Listening Line is a “warm” line that operates from 4-10 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and serves as a support and easy place to reach for individuals who are having difficulties and need someone to listen. Listening Line also refers individuals, as needed, to community providers to help them further with problems that they are experiencing.
CRISIS HOTLINE: 1-800-422-0009
LISTENING LINE RESOURCES
The Listening Line staff can assist those individuals by;
- Listening to concerns with a sense of care and compassion.
- Providing guidance in understanding issues often faced by those shut-in.
- Providing suggestions to advocate with other agencies on your behalf.
- Information about other services we provide in our organization.
- Locating appropriate services and any necessary supports to gain a level of independence.
Open Tuesday through Saturday from 4:00-10:00 PM.
LISTENING LINE MISSION
Through our program, we listen with a warm open heart and mind to those within our community who have concerns. We provide that listening ear when one is spending a lonely evening at home and just needs to hear a kind voice. The staff are able to assist the individuals with ways to cope with any challenges and face issues head-on.
Staff are peer support individuals who understand through “lived experiences.”
WELLNESS & RECOVERY SERVICES
- Support—one-on-one sessions on the telephone to provide a kind and empathetic listening ear.
- Suggestions for additional places to seek help
- Information and Education—An understanding and patient ear to listen to concerns faced by those who feel alone
- Service linkage—linking families and individuals to existing services
- Advocacy—Compassion and a person to listen with confidential support provided in the eveninG hours.
LISTENING LINE PROGRAM
The office is located at:
121 East Antietam Street
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
The program is staffed by peers who are there to assist with issues of:
Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Substance Use Disorders, Loneliness/Helplessness
The program provides a network and programming to assist adults on the road to recovery and works to promote wellness in our vision of peer support and advocacy.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR ANY OF THE SERVICES PROVIDED.